How to List Your Available Rental Unit
You can list your unit with GeorgiaHousingSearch.org by going to their website GeorgiaHousingSearch.org or by calling toll-free (877)428-8844.
- A landlord resource page provides an easy place to post and access Section 8-related documents (landlord packets, inspection requirements, rent cut-offs)
- Listing is free, and landlords can register online or by calling a toll-free phone number
- User-friendly property-management tools make it easy to list and update properties
Voucher Holder Tools
- Searching is free, and the Section 8 housing search has basic, advanced and accessible filters to help voucher holders find the right property fast
- Detailed housing listings include everything from property features, nearby amenities, map links and photos to eligibility requirements, landlord contact information and more
- The search is made even easier with an interactive mapping feature and a shopping cart that allows side-by-side comparison of properties
- Printer-friendly housing lists can be sorted by rent amount, property type, bedroom size, address or even date-available
A Welcome Message to Landlords:
You provide an essential resource for our community
Rental Housing! To “Thank You!”, the Macon Housing Authority, on behalf of the Georgia Department of Community Affairs and the United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta, is offering GeorgiaHousingSearch.org. This is a FREE affordable rental housing listing and locator service that helps our Section 8 voucher holders more easily find and fill your vacancies.
With GeorgiaHousingSearch.org, you will be able to list and manage all of your affordable properties statewide for FREE via the Internet or with a quick, toll-free phone call to an experienced, bilingual call center. With your listing you will have the opportunity to show the features of your rental unit including number of bedrooms and baths, location (with map link), rent and deposits, utility specifics, special amenities, photos, eligibility requirements, and much more. In addition, you will be able to reduce calls on rented properties by having the ability to mark properties as unavailable immediately when rented. The call center can assist you with listing and managing your properties and will help tenants with detailed searches each day to locate your available units.
GeorgiaHousingSearch.org can also be used as a rent reasonableness tool. Other organizations we work with use the search tool to find available and rented properties within certain ZIP codes to see comparable rent ranges. They also use the proximity search to assist with determining rent for specific properties.
Macon Housing Authority will be using GeorgiaHousingSearch.org to refer Section 8 voucher holders to your available units. Staff is available by phone (877-428-8844) Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm EST to answer your questions, add properties, or make adjustments to your listings.